Retirement is high on the list of topics that cause both anxiety and anticipation. With rising longevity, economic uncertainty, and widespread insufficient savings, the old model of retirement is clearly outdated, ineffective, and in need of reinvention. Many Americans no longer know what they can or should expect for themselves or their loved ones in the so-called retirement years. The retirement clock is being reset, leaving more of us more unsure than ever about the future. Maddy Dychtwald, award-winning author and co-founder of Age Wave, breaks down this pivotal topic and tells us why the new retirement could actually be a great thing—for individuals, the consumer marketplace, the workplace, and the financial services industry. Her engaging and informative presentation draws on years of in-depth, highly acclaimed Age Wave research to explore the most important issues in retirement planning today that go far beyond just “the money.” She will outline a plan of action to ensure a secure and successful retirement and avoid the “wild cards” that threaten to shatter our retirement dreams.
- How longevity is changing retirement as we know it
- Why financial peace of mind has become far more important than wealth
- The “family bank” phenomenon and how it can jeopardize retirement
- How the challenges of caregiving can impact retirement planning
- How women’s rising financial power is transforming the field of retirement planning
- How a new model of work, leisure, and lifelong learning can add fulfillment, stimulation, and even financial security
- How success in retirement is being redefined
Deeply researched, customized for each unique audience, and packed with actionable takeaways, Maddy’s illuminating approach to these urgent issues brings new focus to the topic that’s on everyone’s mind, from business leaders and policymakers to individuals planning for their own future. Audiences leave with provocative food for thought as well as concrete ideas for implementing and adapting to change.
WHAT CLIENTS ARE SAYING
“Maddy Dychtwald was a big hit with our clients. She provided many thought-provoking and interesting examples of enriching our “retirement” years. She really knows her subject and her passion shows through.”
John Merrill, President
Tanglewood Total Wealth Management